It's the end of Crex Summer 2012 - what a summer! It flew by so fast! Tons of wildlife were seen, new people were met, new projects were completed, birds were banded, trails were cleared, surfaces were painted - it all blends together but also does not. It was an intense summer, same as last year - and I learned a ton about myself.
Right now, I'm on the South Shore of Lake Superior. It's a wonderful lake. They're tearing down the Ore Dock - slowly and piece by piece. I sat by the water the other day and just listened to the waves hitting the rocks along the shore. And breathed in that familiar Lake Superior smell (if there is a distinct smell that defines it as Lake Superior).
In a few days, I'll be headed down to Eau Claire to visit my friend and then will be headed home. I'm excited to go home, and at the same time I'm not. But I think it'll be good for me to get refreshed. It'll also be good to see family.
No comments:
Post a Comment