Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Transition time

So in the next couple weeks, life will be very busy. I will be having my last week at work this week and then hauling myself and my car around Lake Michigan to go to Wisconsin. It's a long drive, and I know it. I just made myself a CD to prepare for the drive (and just in case my ipod dies before I am able to charge it). Driving through the countryside you don't get many radio stations, so it's best to be prepared.

I'm really excited to be going on a road trip. Other than possibly my car dying on the way. Next weekend several of my friends will be graduating from Northland -- And I am really excited for all of them. It's just the start of the beginning of a whole new life. It's kinda like when we all left home to go to college.

It's the way life is. All about changes, both good and bad.

I am going to miss all the people that I've met here though. Today at work, I was thinking about how different it will be once I leave. I won't see those people for a while, or even at all in the future. I really like the conversations and topics that may or may not be true but are ridiculous either way. Those safety meetings we keep talking about. Those ridiculous answering machines or comments that people make on the phone. The quotes on life and the comments we make every time Rufus tells a story.

All those great ridiculous times. I will miss it. That's for sure. Hopefully I'll be able to get a picture from Rufus of when we all went bowling for the Big Brothers Big Sisters fundraiser.

That is, if he's there this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment