So first post ever on this gigantic worldwide reference called the WEB. It's kinda scary to think that this will possibly stay here forever, and that years from now I will be able to read and reminisce about old times.
A couple people that I work with told me that they were looking back on their myspace pages one day...that they had stumbled upon it. And they could not believe that what they had wrote back then -- as a teenager -- had actually been them. They also cared to inform me (which I didn't really think about until now) was that once something is posted on the web, it never goes away. EVER. of course, you can delete it, but there will still be some traces of it somewhere.
I guess in a sense that would be like leaving a piece of you behind that wouldn't go away, kind of like a memory. Everyone in this world wants to leave a piece of them behind once they pass. It's either making a difference in the world, having their name engraved on a plaque, being the donor of a scholarship -- it could be anything. Even a blog post on the internet.
We'll see how long I can keep this blog post going. Of course, there will be times that I won't write in it, but hopefully I'll be able to write every once in a while. Life is an adventure, and you gotta make something out of it. Whatever it may be. And whoever it will be with. I wish that I had decided to start this blog back when I had just graduated from Northland, but it's alright. I'm starting now. Almost a year has passed since graduation, but it doesn't feel like it.
One quote that a guy has said to me at work (and which I have posted in my little desk area) is something that I think about constantly -- moreso because it is posted right where I can see it everyday. It reads as this:
The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking spaces.
And when the world says 'Give Up,' hope whispers 'Try It One More Time.'
Anyways, until next time. Hasta luego.
No comments:
Post a Comment